Zen Rooms Cebu - Budget Hotel Accommodation Options

Most of the hotels we stayed in during our Cebu vacation is from Zen Rooms. Hotel reservations is my sister's assignment. All I inst...



Most of the hotels we stayed in during our Cebu vacation is from Zen Rooms. Hotel reservations is my sister's assignment. All I instructed her is to get hotels that is strategically just a few minutes away from the bus terminals and food places and is also budget friendly. She has experience with booking hotels or pension houses because she is frequently out of town in the past years while her boyfriend is still training in Manila. So she has ideas which booking sites to utilize to find a budget accommodation that won't sacrifice comfort and convenience. She is a "suki" of Zen Rooms that's why she booked most of our hotels in Cebu with Zen Rooms.




On our first night in Cebu, we stayed in Zen Rooms by Mayflower Inn. Location is okay since it is near food places in Escario Street. There's a compound two blocks away from the inn where you can find Jolibee and Yakimix and on the other side of the street is another compound with more dining options.




My problem with this inn is the ambiance/vibe of the entire building. Although I get that the motif/theme of this inn is a combination of history/cultural/museum, I just can't stand the eerie feeling of very warm lighting and old building smell. They have lots of antique looking decor and lots of old books which I think is the reason for the smell. I enjoy library smell because I like books but to incorporate it in a hotel/inn, I am just not much of a fan. Also the look and vibe of the inn is similar to that of a horror film set. I just don't feel comfortable with it.

The room is okay. It looks dated and aged. The bathroom is also basic but not bad. The TV in our room doesn't work but it isn't a big of a deal since we stayed in that room for only a couple of hours because we are on the road again before the break of dawn.

Overall, I do not think I will ever be coming back to Mayflower Inn. The cultural museum vibe just don't appeal to me. I am actually so relieved that we only stayed there for a very short time because I do not think I will be able to sleep very well in there.





On our last night in Cebu we stay in another hotel which my sister booked through Zen Rooms. She book two rooms in Center Suites Cebu. This hotel is located some blocks away from the Mayflower Inn so it is also near food places. Also it is near JY Mall which is the jump off point for Temple of Leah.

I like this hotel better because it looks newer and more modern. Like the Mayflower Inn, it is near the highway so transportation is not a problem. The bedroom is not very spacious but if you are always out and about it won't really matter since you're only going to sleep in there. The bed and pillows are very comfortable which is what matters the most for our stay. They have a small cabinet with a few hangers. They provide free disposable slippers but sadly they do not provide basic toiletries like soap, shampoo and toothpaste.




One thing I hate about this hotel is the very small cramped bathroom. Water pressure is no problem but the shower area is very small that you can't move properly especially if you have a big figure. The husband and I, each have difficulty taking showers because of the cramped space. The toilet is also very close to the door.

Overall, I like Center Suites Cebu better than Mayflower Inn. The bed and pillows are really comfortable and I have a very good night sleep in that hotel. Apart from the small bathroom, this hotel is a good choice for budget conscious people. It's affordable and situated in a strategic location.




Zen Rooms is a good booking site to look for budget accommodations that doesn't compromise customer comfort and convenience.

P.S. Check out my other posts for our accommodations in Bantayan and Moalboal.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow