Random Rants: Skincare.

Wow, it's been (I think) a year since my last entry. No internet really sucks (pardon my language)! Anyhow, I'm back and today I'...

Wow, it's been (I think) a year since my last entry. No internet really sucks (pardon my language)! Anyhow, I'm back and today I'll be writing about my simple skincare regimen

FOR THE FACE
As you already know, I am not a vain girl and the very skincare I practice is 1) NO MAKE UP (as much as possible) and 2) WASH FACE (as much as possible). Luckily for me, I am born with a pretty healthy, morena skin. I don't exactly breakout a lot. I just get 2-3 pimples at most  when I have my period. The other instances that I do get breakouts is when I'm super exposed to dust or when I wear makeup.

That's why my skincare regimen is not high maintenance. It's pretty much, just plain basic: SOAP. Yup, just soap for facial washing.


For more than a year now, I have been constantly using Happy Organics Tomato and Lime Soap as my facial wash. It's very fortunate that this soap worked well for me. Actually, before this soap, I have also tried Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Facial Wash and another organic soap and toners from Eden's Paradise (my personal thoughts here.)

Ever since I made the switch from the previous organic soap I was using, I fell in  love with this soap and we've been inseparable since.

WHY I LOVE IT (Even though it's a bit costly @ PhP160.00):
- IT WORKS (for me that is)
- GETS RID OF MY PIMPLES (my pimples dry out in just a day)
- NO BREAKOUTS (however, my BF's cousin had a breakout when he used this soap. So effectiveness is still case to case basis)
- LIGHTENS PIMPLE SCARS
- SMELLS GOOD (my preference)
- GOES A LONG WAY for an organic soap (just make sure you store it properly and don't put in wet containers)



PATCH TONER (This is part of the PatCh skincare line.)


The label says Face and Body toner but I just use it for the face. It's just a 100 ml bottle and it would be so wasteful if I use it for the whole body (cheapskate alert).

WHAT I LOVE:
- PRICE IS OKAY (PhP150 for a 100 ml bottle)
- NO BREAKOUTS (this is important for me as I am prone to breakouts if trying on new products on my face)
- GENTLE AND NO STING
- MAKES MY SKIN SUPPLE AND SOFT (it's like toner and moisturizer in one)
- HAS LIGHTENING EFFECTS (this worked perfectly well with my facial soap)

 


FOR THE BODY
I admit, I am a lazy bone. I just can't get myself to apply sunscreen (basically because sunscreen lotions feel sticky in this humid weather). I also can't get myself to scrub religiously. So there's practically no point in trying to get fairer because I just can't commit. Yup, I have commitment issues when it comes to taking care of my body, especially my skin.

Again, as you already know, I am born with a darker skin tone. The typical morena beauty. And since I am on the heavier side of the scale, I almost look "dugyot" (looking filthy). I don't hate my skin color but a girl can always wish. Right? Since I can't commit to staying away from the sun or religiously apply sunblock and whitening lotions, all I can really do is accept my fate. I'm born morena and I'll die morena.

BUT... I'm still not losing hope. That's why when my friend told me that his sister is selling whitening products, I just had to try (again).

These are the products that I am currently using. PatCh whitening soap, toner, and lotion. It is quite an achievement that I was able to get on with this skin regimen for a month now. Pretty impressive!

THE SOAP

I just use the soap on my body. I can't exactly tell if it worked because, as I said, I can't avoid the sun. I work night shift at a Call Center, so every morning after work I have to face the sun and 7:30 AM in my city is not a pleasant time to take a stroll (trust me it's already freaking hot). But I do notice that I am not as dark as before so this soap might have worked (if only I could lock myself inside the house and avoid the sun).

WHAT I LOVE:
- PRICE IS OKAY (PhP100.00)
- IT WORKS (but I need to hide from the sun more often to really see drastic change. But I could note the lightening of my skin)
- GOES A LONG WAY (this soap doesn't melt easily. just keep away from wet containers, though)
- NICE SMELL
- NO STING




THE LOTION


I am not a fan of lotions but I have no choice. The sun is so harmful nowadays, so I really need to invest in a good sunblock. This product is a whitening lotion that doubles up as sunblock. I have mixed feelings with this one but I'm liking it most of the time.

WHAT I LOVE:
- NON STICKY
- LIGHTWEIGHT
- IT WORKS (just like the soap, it'll work best if I don't stay under the sun too long and too often)

WHAT I DON'T LIKE (but can tolerate):
- It has a runny consistency but once I apply it on my skin, it's a little difficult to spread out.
- Leaves white patches (because as I said, difficult to spread out) but fades out after a few more rubbing



So there you have it. That's pretty much how I take care of my skin. (I told you, I'm not high maintenance!) Thanks for visiting!


By the way, this isn't a professional review thread or promotional page. This is merely a personal experience I want to share to all of you.



Permanent residents of my face: PIMPLES


Lookie! My skin is looking so much better now compared to before.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow