Dahican Mati, Davao Oriental: The Summer-ender to Remember!!!

This year's summer season turn out to be hotter than that of last year. Heat index according to news reports would go as high a...


This year's summer season turn out to be hotter than that of last year. Heat index according to news reports would go as high as 40 degrees. Keeping yourself cool in this very hot season is almost close to impossible.



Add the stress you get from work to the equation and you get a very hot temper (and sweaty armpits)! So one way to cool things off is to go on a vacation!!!!

After our barkada trip to Canibad, Samal (blogpost here) on Holy Week last April, me and the hubby decided to get rid of the overflowing stress by going on a three-hour road trip to ------ DAHICAN MATI!!!



Of course the girlscout in me can't sleep without preparing everything we need for this summer vacay, so I googled a nice and affordable resort where the both of us can stay and relax. I found out from a former collegue that Botona Beach Resort is the cheapest resort that offers closed cottages/rooms in the area. Most resorts in Dahican, according to her, only have a tent area and common bathroom.

The hubby and I are travelling straight from (night shift) work, from Davao to Mati on a motorcycle, so sleeping on a tent won't be the best idea for me. I'm positively sure that I would be a grumpy fat lady if I don't get enough sleep. So to make the story short, we reserved a room at Botona Beach Resort.


The ride to Mati was tedious and butt-numbing (litterally). We had a flat tire and an almost empty gas but thank God we were able to make it.




The view at the Sleeping Dinosaur is breathtaking and beautiful. (The hubby and I just couldn't stop taking pictures even if it's very hot at 12:00 noon)




Botona Beach Resort met my expectations (sigh of relief). The resort itself is clean and full of trees. The entrance though is not quite well decorated for a beach resort but once inside you could see the rooms and the canteen.

Once inside our room, I immediately check the bathroom (the faucets and the toilet) --- it's clean. The room is different from what I read in the internet reviews in tripadvisor. It's middle class resort so the room isn't super fancy but acceptable (in my preference).






The long stretch of white sand beach in Dahican is not what I expected. There's a part of the beach where the sand is very fine like milk and there is this part where the sand is like fine pebbles. It's actually weird, The water is clean and blue but not crystal clear. When we went for a swim, I can't see the bottom of the water, but the beach is not dirty, though. I really can't explain it but that's just how it is. It's like the water has chlorine (I dunno, I think I'm crazy. Hahaha).














If I were to rate the beach there, in my opinion, Glan's (Sarangani) beach is prettier than that of Dahican (but of course it's just my opinion).

So by the end of our over night vacation, I could say, the hubby and I have truly enjoyed the whole trip, the beach, the scenery, and the accommodation! We went home relaxed and well rested! (Upnext in our road trip list: Surigao del Sur)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow