Beauty ad-VAIN-ture: EB Advance LTD Liquid Lipstick in Jet Setter

Last year I blogged about all the lip stains, lip tints, and lipsticks that I owned. As I previously said, ever since 2014 I couldn't g...


Last year I blogged about all the lip stains, lip tints, and lipsticks that I owned. As I previously said, ever since 2014 I couldn't get out of the house without putting on lip color because my lips look pale with some dark spots here and there.

As of late, I am currently on the "matte" and "nude" lips trend. Today though, I'm featuring my most recent lipstick purchase, the EB Advance LTD Matte Liquid Lipstick in Jet Setter (this isn't a nude color).

I learned about this liquid lipstick about 2 weeks ago while I was browsing the internet for reviews on the Maybelline Powdermatte lipsticks. So I got super curious especially when I read that it only cost P180. Cheap right.

So for 2 weeks, I had searching for this liquid lipstick in all the department stores that I had been to. I scoured the beauty section at Gmall Dept store, JS Gaisano Dept store, NCCC Dept store, and Victoria Plaza Dept store, but I couldn't find it. I asked the sales ladies and they all said the same thing -- we don't have that item yet. SAD!!!

Then last Saturday, I finally found these liquid lipsticks at SM Lanang Dept store. You just won't guess how ecstatic I was to finally get my hands on them. So I swatched some of the colors that appealed to me: Cashmere Blush, Pink Pearl, Jet Setter, Rich Vino, Chocolate Truffle, and (I think) Private Beach (for swatches of the complete LTD lipstick shades please click the link: http://www.imgrum.org/user/ebadvance/1822174727/1432338879289477741_1822174727).


I had always had my eyes on Cashmere Blush because that was the shade the I always saw in blog reviews and almost all bloggers who reviewed it loved that shade. However, when I swatched it at the EB counter, I thought it was a little too pink for me. I was afraid that it might look too washed out because I had a morena complexion.

Among the swatches on my forehand, I was eyeing Private Beach and Jet Setter. I was torn between the two shades. I wanted to buy both but I was hesitant since I was on a tight budget. So my sister convinced me to get the Jet Setter for now since according to her, I already had a lip cream that had a similar shade with Private Beach.



I know the shade Jet Setter wasn't along the "nudes" but I just loved the muted pink-violet/plum color and it was my very first "non-red"/"non-pink"/"non-nude" lip color so I bought it anyway. Also, I had always been wanting to try a violet lip color but I was just afraid I won't be able to pull it off.


I road tested this liquid lipstick and wore it to church on Sunday. After the service, I went to the mall and ate fries. I thought it wouldn't fade but the color on the inner part of my lips was completely faded. There was still color on the outer part of my lips but it didn't fade evenly so my lip color looked off.

I wore this again to a get together with friends on Monday. We had BBQ for dinner and the entire lip color faded after the meal.

With Flash. Indoor Lighting

With Flash. Indoor Lighting
No Flash. Under Natural Lighting

No Flash. Under Natural Lighting


Likes:
- Very nice pink-violet/plum shade (sorry don't really know what hue this is called) that isn't too bright for my complexion
- VERY AFFORDABLE price
- So easy to apply
- VERY PIGMENTED
- Matte finish
- Non-drying
- a little goes a long way
- Straightforward packaging
- No odd taste
- No nasty smell

Dislikes:
- Available on selected malls only (or maybe because it's a new product that's why no availability in other branches)
- Fades when you eat

Overall, I am so in love with this liquid lipstick from Ever Bilena because the pros outweighed the cons. This is my first lipstick from this local brand and I am super impressed. I will purchase another shade from line and I am hoping that they will keep this in their collection because it's a total lipstick staple!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow