Beauty ad-VAIN-ture: Pink Sugar Lip and Cheek Tint

I am just so addicted to lipsticks or lip tints or lip stains, whatever you call them. As of this writing, I have 11 lipsticks/lip tints. Ye...

I am just so addicted to lipsticks or lip tints or lip stains, whatever you call them. As of this writing, I have 11 lipsticks/lip tints. Yes, I am beginning to become a lipstick hoarder, and I am planning to buy more! :)

Anyway, I'll be talking about my Pink Sugar Tints in Queen Bee and Red Rouge shades.

I first had my hands on Pink Sugar Tint last year. I had ran out of my then favorite lip cream from Sooper Beaute and they already phased out that particular product so I was on the search for a replacement for my lip cream staple.

I was at SM Lanang department store when the colorful display of Pink Sugar Tints caught my eyes. Back then, the nude color trend hadn't invaded the makeup industry yet. I was just looking for a shade that was similar to my pink lip cream then. So I swatched the first batch of Pink Sugar Tints on my arm and I fell in love with the Red Rouge shade. It wasn't too red and wasn't too pink either.

Red Rouge

With flash

Without flash

No flash. Natural light (facing window)


With flash (facing window)

With flash (window behind me)

What I loved about this tint was it's pigmentation. It was very pigmented and a little product goes a long way. However, I had a love-hate relationship with this tint because the formulation was a little disappointing. This tint was pretty thick and difficult to apply because it dries too fast. Also, I found that it tends to be patchy and "namumuo" when I apply lip balm before or after application. It was also drying my lips.

I happen to read similar bad experiences from different bloggers who reviewed the first batch of tints released by Pink Sugar. So I guess it was really their formulation.



Then I learned that Pink Sugar released new shades and it was mostly nude colors. I was ecstatic but also a little weary. I was concerned about the formulation. So I read reviews first and looked for swatches to know which ones I'd like to purchase.

Then I was convinced that Pink Sugar improved their formulation and beauty bloggers were loving their new releases. So I went ahead and got one for myself.
Queen Bee

I bought the Queen Bee shade and I was in love with it. I love that it was creamier in formulation and it was easier to apply. Glides smoothly on my lips and no more prep needed. It's not patchy and no more "pamumuo" of the product. Also, it wasn't drying my lips. It's quick drying but it's totally an improved formula from the first one I bought. It has a true matte finish. It was also transfer proof with minimal drinking and eating. It does fade but it fades evenly and leaves a tint of color. This is my favorite lip product among my collection.

With flash

Without flash

With flash (facing window)

Without flash. Natural light (facing window)

Pink Sugar did a really great job at improving the formulation. They were also consistent with the pigmentation. I just loved this newer version of the Pink Sugar Tints.

The only drawback for me was the price. I'm a cheapskate and P349 was already pretty expensive for me but I would still repurchase when I ran out of this tint. I'd probably get another shade if the budget permits. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow