Beauty ad-VAIN-ture: Bench Lip Crayons

Another lip product that was a resident in my bag was the Bench Paintbox Lip Crayon. From top to bottom: Brick Red and Pink Passion I ...

Another lip product that was a resident in my bag was the Bench Paintbox Lip Crayon.

From top to bottom: Brick Red and Pink Passion

I discovered this product by accident while I was searching the internet for Maybelline Lip Crayons. I didn't even know that Bench had a makeup line. I thought they only sold perfumes and lotions.

Anyway, I didn't see that many reviews about the lip crayons but the ones I read had nice things to say about this product. Also the price was really what convinced me to buy one.
Brick Red swatch with Flash

Brick Red swatch without Flash

No Flash. Natural Light (facing the window)

No Flash. Natural Light (window behind me)


With Flash (window behind me)

With Flash (facing the window)
I had no idea why this shade was called Brick Red when it clearly wasn't red at all. The lip crayon's color itself was brown. On the lips too, it was nude. On pictures however it doesn't look brown but a nude color with some hint of light pink.



Pink Passion swatch with flash

Pink Passion swatch without flash

No flash. Natural light (window behind me)

With Flash (window behind me)

With flash (facing window)



Likes:
- Creamy and easy to apply
- Very pigmented
- lightweight on the lips
- affordable (P159 only)
- leaves a tint of color after fading

Dislikes:
- Not transfer-proof
- smells like crayola
- no free sharpener (and Bench doesn't sell jumbo sharpeners)
- limited colors (only four colors available)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow