Davao Food Trip #10: Cheat Time Bakehouse

Freak Shakes are so IN right now. Every now and then I see posts of freak shakes in my facebook news feed. These mouthwatering shakes with c...

Freak Shakes are so IN right now. Every now and then I see posts of freak shakes in my facebook news feed. These mouthwatering shakes with cake of your choice and overflowing other sweet treats for toppings has become the newest food trend in town.

I always want to try one just out of curiosity and also to satisfy my sweet tooth. So on my payday, I grab the chance to try one. Tagging my mom and my bebe along, we head to Guerrero corner Ponce street.

Cheat Time Bakehouse is a cute resto/cafe/pastry shop that offers different flavors of shakes and cakes. They also offer pastas and waffles.

On my visit there, I order Red Velvet Cake - Chocolate Freak Shake and Spaghetti for the bebe. My mom order nothing as she wanted to eat a rice meal.

Chocolate Shake with Red Velvet Cake (PhP 160)

Spaghetti (PhP 75)

The spaghetti tastes very Filipino Style - a mix of sweet, sour, cheesy flavor, just the way I like it. It actually reminds me of my auntie's spaghetti. As for the freak shake, the sweetness is just right for my taste buds. It's not overly sweet (I am not a fan of overly sweet food as it tends to make me "umay"). The sweetness of the shake and the red velvet cake compliments each other. Also, the the texture of the shake is quite different from the regular shakes sold at malls. Their shake doesn't have all that crushed ice fragments. It's more like a chocolate ice cream blended into a smoothie rather than choco powder with ice blended together. That's how I find the chocolate shake that I ordered.


As for the place, it is tiny but gives off a cozy feel because of their warm mood lighting. I just find something weird with how their cafe is designed. The cafe is divided into 2 areas. The first door opens to the reception/counter where you place your orders and on the corner there are 2 small tables and some cushions where you can squat while enjoying your ordered meal. Another door opens to the 2nd area of the cafe where you can find 5 tables. On the walls are colored chalk drawings.

Behind that small square hole is the counter where we placed our orders.





Overall, the experience is great but speed of their service still have room for improvement. The food tastes delicious and fairly priced. I'm not gushing on the floor layout of the place but I LOVE their music choice (90's music). I will come back and try the rest of their freak shake flavors. 

Menu Board

Menu Board

Cheat Time Bakehouse is located at D.Ponce Street, corner Guerrero Street, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow