The Hidden Beauty that is Ilihan

Summer in the Philippines including Mindanao is super HOT!! Temperature rise super high and the threat of dehydration and heat stroke is...



Summer in the Philippines including Mindanao is super HOT!! Temperature rise super high and the threat of dehydration and heat stroke is looming around the corner. Add the rotational power outage to the extreme heat and you will definitely wish you're underwater (like Dyesebel)...

Since the extreme heat is causing me so much distress, I wanted so much to get away from the busy city and enjoy the cool breeze of the ocean. And that is exactly what I did.

See ya later summer sun! Hello Samal Island!

Our beach outing (with friends) was planned way back in April. Since our group is "allergic" to huge crowds, I searched the internet for a nice secluded beach resort in the northernmost part of Samal. Luckily I was able to find Ilihan Beach Resort in the web and started inquiring about the rates. I found the place really nice and perfect for our group's taste -- not crowded and away from the busy Babak District center.



My expectations of the beach resort was really high because the pictures from their website and other blog sites are just so breath taking. However, I was a little (just a tiny bit) disappointed when we finally arrived at the place (I'll elaborate in a while).
Don't you just love those lush greens?

Let me tell you the good part first. The things I loved about the place were the rates and the ambiance. The rates were considerably low as compared to other mid ranged beach resorts in the island. They had extra charges for Lechon, soft/hard drinks, and tent (if you exceed the number of guests allowed for the room you will avail). However, when we got there they did not charge us for the soft and hard drinks we brought so it was an absolute plus points.





Aside from the affordable rates, I really loved the long stretch of their property compared to the other beach resorts I've been to around Caliclic and Limao area. It's not entirely very huge but it's not narrow and congested. You have lots of room to move around because it had a huge play ground, good sized parking lot, and a long stretch of beach front.



Just look at that crystal clear water!!





The beach also looks very natural and not overly commercialized which I absolutely loved. They did not disturb the trees at the beachfront and surrounding the whole beach resort. It added to the natural beauty of the whole resort. Aside from that, the place is not congested with beach goers so you have all the liberty to take selfie without the risk of photo-bombers.





Above all that, nothing beats the magnificent beauty of witnessing the sun rising. You'll just be amazed with the wonders of God's creation!!!



The magnificence of God's handiwork!!!

Here are more snaps (sorry, couldn't help but keep clicking...)


Taken during low tide (when we arrived at the resort)

The only thing I did not love about the place was there were driftwood floating all over the beach front when the tide went up (but there where areas in the resort that did not have floating driftwood). It would have been avoided if the resort management installed floating bamboo in the sea that will help block away the floating driftwood and prevent it from getting inside their beach resort.

Despite the annoying driftwood, we still enjoyed the cool breeze and sea water. The outing served it's purpose, which is for us to relax and enjoy summer! You can really tell I had a great time there because I took lots of photos (I got so awed with the place, I totally forgot to take photos of myself and boyfie).




Below are snaps of the other amenities that Ilihan Beach offered:

The Rooms:




Anahaw Suite

The Pavilion

Gazebo

Tables and Chairs

Canteen

Playground

Parking Lot

Bathroom and Shower Room
Here are the list of my expenses (excluding food):
Gazebo (P750 shared by 10 pax) - P75
Entrance Fee - P50
Transpo (my boyfriend have a motorcycle) - P120 fee for the ferry (two way)
For those who are commuting: Ferry - P10 (one way) and motorcycle - P50 (one way)

No need to worry about long bumpy ride because the highway road to the resort is cemented. However, the driveway to the main entrance is not anymore cemented but it's only a short bumpy ride.

Here's what I mean with bumpy!
I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing. If you have been to Ilihan Beach, do share your experience in the comments below.

Thanks again for reading!!!!
xoxo
Hilda

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow