Davao Food Finds: Carmela's Ensaymada

I was almost done paying with my groceries when I glanced upon a new food place beside Missy Bonbon. I haven't been to GMall lately so I...

I was almost done paying with my groceries when I glanced upon a new food place beside Missy Bonbon. I haven't been to GMall lately so I wasn't sure when it opened. Anyway, I knew about Carmela's famous Ensaymada because of facebook and instagram so I decided it was about time I tried some.




A box of six pieces was worth PhP150. It was pretty pricey for six "cupcake-sized" Ensaymada but I still purchased 2 boxes. There were six available flavors on display so I bought 2 of each flavor. (Did I mention we're a pretty big family and a box of six cute Ensaymada won't be enough).


The one I tried is the red Ensaymada. I'm not sure what exactly it's called but I loved it. It had sugar, cheese and (I think) chocolate shavings for toppings but it's not very sweet.



I loved that it's not very sweet because I was trying hard to stay away from very sweet treats because I tend to easily get sore throat. So it was a total winner and my mom loves it too.

I'm not sure if I would buy again because I found it a bit expensive for it's size. However, I may reconsider since it tastes good!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow