My Food Addiction of the Moment

I just recently discovered "no bake" cookie recipes that are so easy to make and really tasty. It is by accident that I stumble ...

I just recently discovered "no bake" cookie recipes that are so easy to make and really tasty.

It is by accident that I stumble upon one "homemade granola bars" recipe on the internet and I just got super addicted. In fact, after a few days of constantly viewing and reviewing the recipe I actually bought the ingredients I need. Impulsive, I know right?

I certainly don't have any talent whatsoever in the kitchen, including baking. So when I read "NO BAKE", I am like 'I AM GOING TO TRRRRYYYY THIIIISSSSS!!!!'

And I did so! And I was lucky not to waste precious ingredients on an uncertain experimental project.

First Try: Not-So-Successful-But-Not-Entirely-Epic-Fail Attempt. It is in some way a success [considering the fact that my "chewy oatmeal bars" did not last long in the fridge--thanks to my kid, aunt and brother who became instant fans!] The ingredients and procedure I used is actually the modified/improvised version of the recipe I found from the internet (more like mash-up of the "Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars" and "Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie" recipe).

Indeed, it was crazy outrageous! But they loved it! And so did I!

(disclaimer: no pics because I was so unsure about the outcome that I totally forgot to document it, tsk tsk)

Second Try: Major Success! Having been able to purchase the exact list of ingredients (minus the ripe banana) I am finally able to make the correct product, Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Balls.



Since I opt not to use the banana, the dough did not hold the way I expected so I made them into truffle-like balls instead of flat cookies. They taste DELISH so what's the diff?

Here's a photo of me grinning at my successful recreation. :)



Thanks for stopping by :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow