Journey to Lighter Skin: My Snow Skin Whitening Experience

Finally after much contemplation, I have finally decided to try Snow Skin Whitening Lotion. I have constantly seen testimonies of satisfied ...

Finally after much contemplation, I have finally decided to try Snow Skin Whitening Lotion. I have constantly seen testimonies of satisfied users in my fb newsfeed but the price of this lotion was a turn off. It was pricey at P799. I wasn't very willing to spend that much for a whitening product because I was a skeptic. I had no real success with whitening products in the past so I was reluctant to buy Snow as I am afraid it might not work.

Snow Skin Whitening Lotion - PhP 799.00

However, after I noticed that my rejuvenating set had worked wonders in my face's skin tone for 3 months, I have decided that it was about time to take my journey to fairer skin up a notch. And so finally after trying on 2 different lotions (Block & White and Belo) which I didn't notice drastic results over the period of 3 months, I decided to give Snow Whitening Lotion a try.

MY THOUGHTS AFTER ONE MONTH OF RELIGIOUSLY USING THIS PRODUCT:

  • The packaging is beautiful. All the needed information was found on both the box and the lotion bottle itself. There was also an added info on the box that looked like research/study results on the product. I didn't read that anymore (lolz). The bottle was sealed and I loved the cute "paandar" on the seal.









  • The airless technology of the pump was very nice because, from what I understood, a disk at the bottom of the bottle will push the products up every time you use the pump to dispense the lotion. So it would be super sulit because all products would be dispensed up to the last drop. However, I had a little bit of a struggle on the first time using the lotion as the pump won't dispense the product immediately. I had to keep pressing a number of times to get the product out but once the product was dispensed, I had not experience the same problem anymore.



  • The product was very potent/thick and wasn't runny. It wasn't sticky either and it applied smoothly. It was easily absorbed by the skin. There was a little greasy feeling (especially when applied right after shower when your skin was still pretty moist) but once the product was fully absorbed by the skin, the greasy feeling was gone. My skin felt supple and moisturized after application.


Formulation is so potent that it did not drop even if I tried to shake it off a few times

Left: Snow Skin Whitening Lotion / Right: Belo Lotion


  • There was a nice subtle smell that lingered after application but fades after a few minutes. I'm not so sure but I think it smelled floral.
  • I had not encountered any allergic reactions with this product. However, I cannot vouch for other users. Better be safe by doing a patch test.
  • Price wise and effectivity, I was pretty disappointed. This product is pricey at P799. I wouldn't have minded the price had it met my expectations. Of course, with this price point I would expect that it would work wonders with my morena skin. However, it didn't meet my expectations. I religiously used this product for one month (twice daily) but I didn't see that my skin had improved a lot. I went to the beach 4 days after I started using this product and I had a tan line on my legs.
  •  In a month's use, it somehow lightened the tan on my legs but the tan line was still pretty obvious because my upper leg that wasn't exposed to the sun was way lighter. It was a disappointment because I had read a review from one famous beauty blogger that she was able to get her tanned lines to disappear and she was able to have pantay skin in just 2 weeks. Maybe it would be different with each person's experience but I'm still disappointed as it had already been a month and still no great results. 
  • The only consolation for this product was I liked that a small amount of lotion was enough to cover an entire arm. I used 2 pumps on each arm and 4 pumps on each leg. I didn't use this on other parts of my body since all other parts of my body that were covered with clothes were already lighter than my arms and legs. This product would have been really sulit if it only met my expectations.


Overall, I am really disappointed with this lotion as it hadn't met my expectations at all. I was really eyeing this product for so long because of so many positive feedback it was getting from famous and established beauty bloggers. However, it failed in making my skin lighter.

As I said, I wouldn't have minded the price if it only delivered its promise of lighter skin. I wouldn't repurchase this product and I would be in search again of another whitening lotion. As of this writing, I am contemplating on trying the Kojie San lotion again as I've had a previous experience with it in the past. That time I wasn't serious in making my skin lighter and I wasn't religiously using it. I hope I could find my perfect match in skin lightening.

Have you used whitening lotions too? Do you have recommendations for me? Please do tell in the comments box below. Thanks for reading. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow